The intent of the Australian Human Rights Commission’s Acceptable Use Policy is to create a positive space where people are able to publicly contribute their views to the sex and gender diversity blog, without fear of abuse, harassment or exposure to offensive or inappropriate content.
When contributing your views to this blog, please ensure that you:
• post material to the forum that is relevant to the questions currently being consulted on;
• protect your personal privacy and that of others by not including personal information about yourself or about others in your posts to the blog, (such as names, email addresses, private addresses, phone numbers or other identifying information);
• represent your own views and not impersonate or falsely represent any other person;
• do not abuse, harass or threaten others;
• do not post anything which:
- • racially or religiously vilifies others,
• incites, induces, aids, assists, promotes, causes, instructs or permits violence, discrimination, harassment, victimisation or hatred towards others, or
• is likely to offend, insult, humiliate or intimidate others, particularly on the basis of their sex, gender identity, race, colour, descent, national origin, nationality, religion, ethnicity, gender, age, sexuality or any disability;
• do not use insulting, provocative, hateful, obscene or offensive language;
• do not post material to the blog that infringes the intellectual property rights of others;
• do not post multiple versions of the same view to the blog; and
• do not promote commercial interests in your posts to the blog.
Posts will generally show up on the blog within two working days. Posts that do not comply (or do not appear to comply) with the above points will not be posted on the forum or may be removed. Posts may be edited by the moderator for length or to remove unacceptable parts of contributions.
Your personal information and privacy
If you choose to register to participate in the sex and gender diversity project blog, or if you email us, you will be supplying us with ‘personal information’ such as your email address and name.
We collect this in case we want to contact you to get permission to use your comments in a report and/or to add you to the mailing list if you request to do so.
Your personal information submitted for the sex and gender diversity blog will only be used in the context of the sex and gender diversity project and for related activities/purposes.
By posting onto the sex and gender diversity blog, you grant the Australian Human Rights Commission permission to include your post on its website and to permit others to reproduce your post subject to the terms of the Commission’s Copyright Notice. http://www.humanrights.gov.au/site/copyright/index.html